The Varanasi Dev Diwali photo tour is one of the most rewarding tours in India. If you are interested in shooting Diwali, the most popular Indian festival, and Indian culture this tour is for you. This tour offers great opportunities for street photographers and for culture/festival photographers.
Varanasi is the place where you can see the Indian culture. You have great opportunities for Portrait Photography, Street Photography and Diwali (festival) Photography
Why Join Us?
The tours are led by Saurabh Chatterjee, who has been visiting these regions for almost a decade. He will take you to the right places at the right time and make sure that you come back with some great pictures. He will help you with the settings required for different kinds of pictures. We also do feedback/review sessions whenever possible, during the tour.
You will be in the company of many experienced photographers and have fun.
This photo tour, mentored by Saurabh Chatterjee who has been visiting Varanasi since his childhood.
All the days we shoot in all possible places where there are photographic opportunities. Most of the time, we shoot in the ghats and the narrow alleyways along the ghats.
This is not like any other destination where you know what to expect. You just have to keep walking and you never know where you find the treasure of a great shot. You just have to keep walking.
It can also get crowded on the Dev Diwali evening, so you have to bear that in mind.
This tour involves a lot of walking and climbing stairs. People who have mobility issues are not recommended to join this tour.
Only 8 participants on first come first serve basis.
Cost includes1) Stay in Varanasi (twin sharing) for the above mentioned days. Single sharing can be arranged on request
2) All meals from Day 1 evening to Day 5 morning
Cost does not include1) Your travel cost to / from Varanasi.
PICTURES FROM Photo tour to Varanasi Dev-Diwali
1. How to reach Varanasi? Varanasi is well connected by air and train. The nearest railhead is Varanasi, but there are more frequent trains to Mughalsarai, which is 20kms from Varanasi.
2. Is this trip only for Photographers? No, anyone can join. We will spend a lot of time taking some great pictures though. I'm sure everyone loves doing that. We have had non-photographers in our previous trips and they enjoy as much.
3. I have no knowledge on Photography. Will I get some help? Yes, absolutely. Saurabh will be assisting you all the time. He will help you on how to take some great pictures. So, you will learn while having fun on the go.
4. I don't have a camera. Can I get camera or lenses on rent? Yes, Camera / Lenses for Rent in Hyderabad
5. How do I reach Chandigarh? Chandigarh is well connected from New Delhi by bus / train / flight.